Thursday, June 11, 2009

Switching Gears...literally

letterpress 002
Ink, Paper, and press in the back ground ready to get started



So, I also design and print letterpress.


My most generous father gave it to me when i was in my letterpress faze, but i still LOVE to do it, it is just more time consuming than sewing (as in the set up and clean up, you can't just leave anything.) SO I don't do it as much as i would like, but on the occasion i do. Read more about it here and here.

You would be right if you think that i sure do jump around to all sorts of design endeavors. .I am very ADD when it comes to design, I know just a little of everything to be very dangerous and expensive...Everybody now....POOR SCOTT!!!!


Anyway...an old friend of mine is getting married in August and I have designed the invites for he and his soon to be new wife. I letterpressed the envelopes tonight so that they can get to the fun task of addressing all of those bad boys! I am so excited how the envelopes turned out and can't wait for the whole invite suite to come together, but here is a sneak peak.


Oh and the craziest thing happened...when i pulled the very last envelope there was this huge clap of thunder and lightening...like someone was saying with hands on hips "uh, huh, that's right...your good"!



letterpress 006
Printing On the press


letterpress 012
Packed and ready to go


In the Morning,
G

No comments: