Wednesday, June 10, 2009

And the sewing begins....

sewing 001
Sew (I love to say that!)
Here is a dress i made from some of the fabric i bought....I LOVE this print is is from Fabric Finders #465 (I really think it should have a name, like swirly dots, but anyhoo i digress. ) I am really into boatnecks, and pillowcases and my new sewing machine, so this was the my attempt. I had never done a boat neck before, so i looked at one of Eliza's dresses and here is my first attempt...there are a couple of things i would do differently, but i think it is a good first try. (you be the judge)

sewing 006
And the embellishment on the bottom is one of the stitches from my machine,
so much fun to hit start and get such good stitches.

sewing 009

Anyway, enjoy. More to come...
BTW: Aren't my hydrangeas beautiful...i LOVE them in May. I wait all year for big scrumptious bouquets of BLUE, BLUE pillows of petals!


In the morning, G

No comments: