Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Labor of Love

Pictures Taken By Me: still learning to take pics of letterpress



Here is my first letterpress job. The one that gave me the bug.


I designed this for a friend that is getting married. I wanted it letterpressed more than she did, and I found a way. I called around finding out that it was going to be way out of her budget to have them "professionally" printed....so I started researching any place close to my area and found out that My Alma mater (USC) 3 miles from my house has a great bookarts studio, and they allow Alum to use it! You could have knocked me over! Well after a 3 hour workshop on the 10 X 15 Chandler and PriceI was let loose to work whenever I wanted.

This was in the beginning of August...Well about 5 Saturday's later, a few smashed plates (oops) , a bit of lost paper, and a lot of brain power. (boy putting a plate in a chase and setting up the press can be quite a puzzle.) Printing is the easy part!I had this beautiful design peice.(at least I think so). It was totally a labor of love, I felt like I was handing over a child when she picked up the box of work, I was sad I couldn't look at all the peices together anymore.


She and her family loved it, and that is so satisfying, to know that my hands touched every invite that went to such a big event in their lives...I am totally hooked.


Au jour le jour, (each day as it comes)
Gretchen



1 comment:

weddingca said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.