Tuesday, October 2, 2007

My First Blog

So I have done the unthinkable...joined the bloggers of the world.

I have always been one to resist the urge to go with technology, and it is kind of funny the reason for my starting this blog, because I am going back in time, to the time of Gutenberg. I am starting my journey in the old style of printing...letterpress.

Actually, it started a few months ago with a desire to start something, and I read an article on the subject, started researching (and boy do I research), surfing the net, and going to the library, making phonecalls, and finally touching and working on my first press...and lo and behold I was hooked!

I have always loved the old and resisted the new...an avid antiquer, a lover of old architecture, fabrics, design, flowers...etc. etc. and then behold I found letterpress...I can blend my design work with the old way of doing things!!!!!!!!...and voila a beautiful tactile lasting piece of work.

I am in the process of buying my first press...a Golding Pearl...now that sounds a lot better than HP 9180 (although I don't know what I would do with out this printer the name is bla) but Golding Pearl they sure could name them in the old days. I can't wait to start getting all of my designs printed....might take 1 or 10 years but what the hay you have to start somewhere.

SO thus the journey has begun, and I thought it was an appropo time to begin blogging to get all of my thoughts down, maybe help someone along the way, and who knows maybe I will like this whole bloggedy boo.

Au jour le jour (each day as it comes)
Gretchen

2 comments:

Gastronomiss said...

Welcome to the wide world of bloggers! All best and luck to you, my dear sissy, on this wonderful adventure you are embarking on. I am SO proud of you and excited about the Pearl!

mom said...

I don't know why, but when I read your blog I got tears in my eyes.
I guess it's b/c I'm proud of, and happy for you -- You're following your passion -- What more can we ask from life?!? AND, you're so lucky that you are surrounded by people who love you support that.