Saturday, August 1, 2009

I love a good field.

Field Art


This is one of my favorite paintings that I bought at Meeting Street Antiques in West Columbia a couple of years ago...it was a splurge at the time, but it spoke to me. I was about to have my second child, and the mother with her children wandering through this field, I could see it being myself...it started a fixation with fields. It is hanging in my living room right where I see it often.

If there is a third child it will have a lot to do with this painting...and the fact that I might want one:) I digress.


There is something tranquil about a good field, the color contrast of the sky and land, that it seems to go on forever, its peacefulness, it is beautiful year round, I could go on. It makes me want to just jump on a horse bareback and gallop with reckless abandon or run through one with my family.

(it also might have something to do with my favorite childhood show "Little House on the Prairie" and the opening sequence of Laura running through the field like a plane.


Here are a few pics fulfulling my field fantasy.

family in field
Photo taken by Hope Bray of our Family in the Fall

Children in a field
Taken my Moi the other week on our drive to Aiken. Just stopped the car on the side
of the road and snapped away
...something I have been wanting to do for a while.

Children in a field


In the morning,
G

No comments: